The Tactile12000 is a 3-D, interactive simulation of a DJ setup - two turntables and a mixer. You can crossfade, backspin, and speed up and slow down music, including full-length WAVE and MP3 songs, on your computer. It is a cross-platform application for both Windows and Macintosh. You can use it to mix like a DJ or let it mix your MP3 playlist automatically.
Version 2.1 adds support for multiple sound cards on Windows.
It contains bug fixes and other improvements. Version 2.0 added many new features:
* support for mixing music from your hard drive, including MP3 files
* cueing with headphones (it can play back the cue record on the left channel)
* keyboard controls for the turntables and mixer
* more precise control of the mixer and records
* pitch bending and cue points
* autoMix: automatic mixing of your playlist
Sound Formats supported:
* Windows: WAVE, MP3 and AIFF, plus other sound formats supported by QuickTime.
* Macintosh: WAVE and AIFF. MP3, compressed AIFF, WAVE and QuickTime Audio with QuickTime 4 installed. QuickTime 4.1 improves MP3 support.
* You may also load .m3u playlist files with lists of sound files